Do you want to begin your academic journey in the United States? There are positive news about your dream. International students can apply for a variety of scholarships in the United States. In this post, ThePunch Ghana go over in detail the scholarships for international students available at the best American universities, their advantages, and the step-by-step application procedure.
For the academic year 2023–2024, premier colleges in the USA will offer more than 1100 scholarships to foreign students. These scholarships cover tuition, housing costs, health insurance, and travel expenses in addition to an average monthly stipend of $2000.
The Scholarship is open to all fields and academic programs. Out of the 4.6 million students enrolled worldwide in 2017, more than 1.1 million of them attend universities in the United States. Nearly 24% of all international students studying everywhere in the globe do so in the United States. We urged you to apply for Scholarships for International Students in the US since now is the time to make your goal a reality.
Here are some scholarships that you can apply for in the US as international student.
1. University of Arizona Scholarships.
Established in 1885, the Institution of Arizona is a public research university in Tucson, Arizona. Scholarships for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs are offered by the university. For undergraduate and graduate education, scholarships are available for more than 100 different degree programs. Both students who are US citizens and international students from other countries are eligible to apply for the award. IELTS and the GRE are not required to apply. The University of Arizona also provides loans, financial aid, and international scholarships.
Here are some available academic fields international students can choose from.
- Computer and information science
- Physical and space science
- Philosophy and religious studies
- Law, Policy and Social Justice
- Social and Behavior Science
- mathematics, statistics and data science
- Agriculture Planning and development
- Arts and Media
- Environment and sustainability
- English Literature
- Engineering and Technology
- Education and human development
- Communication, Journalism
- Health, Nutrition, Fitness
- Culture and language
- Bio and biomedical science
- Business, economics
- Agriculture Sciences
Financial Assistance and Scholarships at University of Arizona includes the following below.
- For transfer students $5,000-$12,000 per academic year
- Merit-based scholarships
- Global Wildcat Award which offers $4,000 – $35,000 per academic year
2. Harvard University MBA Scholarships for international students.
For international students, the Harvard University MBA Scholarship is a fully financed MBA scholarship. This scholarship covers tuition assistance totaling US$102,200 (US$51,100 each year).
Dreaming to study in the USA, there is a good news for you. MBA Scholarships for international students at Harvard University are currently available. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
International students who wish to study an MBA at Harvard University are invited to submit applications for the academic year 2023–2024. One of the top business programs in the world is the Harvard MBA, which is taught at one of the most respected universities in the world. Once every two years, the Boustany MBA Harvard Scholarship is awarded for a two-year program at Harvard Business School.
Eligibility Criteria for Harvard University MBA Scholarship for international students.
- English is a required language.
- All nations in the world are eligible.
- Candidates must have exceptional academic credentials and exhibit significant promise.
- Although applicants from any country are eligible for the scholarship, those with Lebanese ancestry will receive preference.
- Only after getting a Harvard MBA admissions offer may candidates submit an application for the scholarship.
3. The Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship.
Students from specific developing nations who have no other source of funding for their graduate studies are eligible for the Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship. The scholarships are split 50/50 between grants and loans.
To be eligible to apply for the program, candidates must fulfill the requirements listed below:
- High academic standing.
- Genuine need for money: Financial aid is given in accordance with the needs of the students, however the ISP should only be used as a last resort.
Applications must show that they have looked into and secured a variety of financing sources. The amount of other grants, loans (if any), parental contribution, and student work income must all be subtracted from the eligible student expenditures in order to calculate the specific award funding requirement. All students are urged to look into other funding options in an effort to lower the amount they ask the Foundation for.
- Acceptance into a reputable postgraduate university. Although applications for PhD studies are taken into consideration, master’s degree programs are given preference in the program. If the course quality is upheld, local/regional institutions and remote learning programs are acceptable for ISP financing.
- Strong work experience, extracurricular successes, volunteerism, and leadership abilities.
Timelines for applications
In January 2023, the next application period will start. The completed applications must be submitted by 17 March 2023. Students who are interested in applying must get in touch with the local office because application requirements, deadlines, and paperwork can change depending on where you are from.
Applications must be sent in its entirety to the organization where the ISP application form was obtained. Applications that are submitted late or in part won’t be approved.
Applicants may be questioned by local scholarship committees regarding their financial situation, academic performance, extracurricular accomplishments, and career goals.
An international selection panel makes the final judgments in July because this is a worldwide, competitive award. The results of applications will be communicated to those who advance to the final, international round shortly after.
4. Fulbright scholarships for international students.
Graduate students, young professionals, and artists from other countries can study and perform research in the United States, thanks to the Fulbright Foreign Student Program. There are more than 160 nations in the world where the Fulbright Foreign Student Program is active. Each year, about 4,000 international students are awarded Fulbright grants.
Binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S. Embassies are in charge of running the Fulbright Foreign Student Program. These offices handle the processing of all applications for the Foreign Student Program.
How to Use
Binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S. Embassies oversee the Fulbright Program for Foreign Students and Foreign Language Teaching Assistants (FLTAs). These offices handle the processing of all applications for the FLTA Program and foreign students.
Program eligibility and selection methods differ greatly between nations. To learn more about the Fulbright Program in your home country, including eligibility conditions and application guidelines, click this link https://www.cies.org/
5. International Fellowships.
For women from other countries who want to pursue a Master’s or doctorate in the USA, the American Association of University Women offers fellowships. Women who can show a dedication to the growth of women and girls are given preference, and the scholarship is renewable each year it is offered.
Since 1917, there have been international fellowships. Women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents and who want to return to their native country to pursue a professional career are given support for their full-time graduate or postdoctoral study through this program.
A limited number of awards are available for study outside of the U.S. (excluding the applicant’s home country) to women who are members of Graduate Women International (see the list of GWI affiliates). Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions are supported.
By the application deadline, applicants must have completed coursework equal to a U.S. bachelor’s degree and submit applications to the schools they intend to attend. Academic excellence and a clear commitment to supporting women and girls are considered while choosing recipients.
Recipients go back to their native nations and rise to positions of leadership in industry, politics, academics, community action, the arts, and sciences.
6. Stamp Scholars Program for Studies in the United States of America 2023.
Stamp Scholars Program 2023: Barry University and the Stamps Scholars Program collaborate to provide multi-year scholarships to support ambitious and gifted student leaders in achieving their academic and personal goals. Both domestic and foreign students are eligible for this scholarship opportunity.
With merit-based financial aid, including enrichment monies that can be utilized for study abroad, cultural exchanges, research projects, and other educational experiences, successful scholars can follow their academic interests while honing their leadership abilities.
Eligibility Criteria for Stamp Scholars Program 2023.
- Candidates must fulfill the requirements below in order to be considered for the fully supported Scholars Program 2023 for studies in the USA:
- being a first-year student accepted into an academic program at the university.
- have a high school GPA of at least 3.5.
- Show outstanding leadership qualities.
- Be prepared to adhere to the rules controlling university students’ conduct.
- Scholarship for tuition, books, room and board, and transportation awarded annually and renewable
- Additional reward of $6,000 for study abroad or other exceptional learning opportunity.
- A professor who advises you academically in the subject matter of your major
- distinctive cultural encounters
- Service initiatives and leadership development
- Receptions and meals with faculty and donors
- Opportunities for prominent leadership, such as the Presidential Ambassador Program and serving as a student representative at University events
- Access to unique Stamps leadership and fellowship programs as well as a nationwide network of Stamps Scholars.
Interested applicants for the Stamp Scholars Program 2023 for studies in USA are to apply for admission into an eligible program at Barry University, USA. Applicants can then proceed to apply for the Stamp Scholars Program by the application deadline.
7. Marian University Scholarships for international students.
International applicants to Marian University are currently eligible for scholarship programs. International undergraduate students who desire to enroll in a program of study at the institution for the mentioned academic session may apply for one of these Marian University International Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Every year, Marian University gives out over $24 million in grants and scholarships. You may be eligible for academic, athletic, talent-based, and religious scholarships if you are an overseas student. Additional financial aid options are also available for international students.
- Academic Scholarships
- Transfer Scholarships
- Athletic Awards
- Talent-Based Awards
- Faith Scholarships
- Interested persons must be international students
- Applicants must be an undergraduate candidates
- Applicants must have GPA of 3.5 – 3.75
- Language proficiency